Mergers and Acquisitions
M&A is one of HanSheng’s core practices. We represent the acquirers, the acquired or the controlling shareholders from finance, manufacturing, real estate, retail and etc. on a large number of M&A deals.
Practice areas related to M&A include:
· Due diligence report
· Industry access policies
· Deal structuring
· Tax planning
· Review, drafting and negotiation of deal documents
· Advising on government supervision, approval and etc.
· Providing legal opinions on key issues
· Assisting clients in obtaining government approval
· Deal execution and delivery
· Post-merger integration
· Anti-monopoly declaration
M&A Case List:
· Assisted one Chinese chip company, together with one Chinese listed company and one Private Equity Fund, in its acquisition of the shares of one Singapore listed company (acquisition price of USD 800million), and assisting such chip company to withdraw via private equity placement.
· Assisted a Dutch Aircraft Company in its cooperation with Chinese partners regarding joint venture structure (total financing estimated between USD 920 million and USD 1,313 million) in Tianjin China;
· Assisted CPM (Hong Kong), a consortium specialized in electric tractors, in its conclusion of a joint venture (total investment RMB 40 million) with Chengdu Gangyi Machinery Co., Ltd. and Chengdu Yikong Electronic Technology Company Limited;
· Assisted Rexam (UK), a leading company specialized in plastic packaging in its acquisition of manufacture factory in Tianjin (China), for an estimate value of Rmb 160 million;
· Advises Damen Marine Components, a subsidiary of Damen Shipyards, a privately held shipyard with € 1.7 billion in annual revenue, on its investment in Jiangyin (China);
· Assisted the world’s largest seed potato producer with its M&A with a with a strategic advice on Chinese seed regulation, market access and trade restrictions.
· Assisted Lianhua (China), a company specialized in real estate development, in its acquisition of land in Pudong New Area (Shanghai, China) for a purchase price of Rmb 120 million;
· Assisted Ms Chen, in her acquisition of Taizhou Kailida a leading company specialized in Ham sausage casing in Jiangsu Province (China) for an undisclosed amount;
· Assisted SUNKOL (Canada), a company specialized in car window controllers, in its acquisition of a manufacturing plant in Ningbo (China) for an undisclosed amount.
· Assisted Babeito (Hong Kong), a company specialized in real estate investment, in its acquisition of a real estate project on East Nanjing Road in (Shanghai, China) for a purchase price of Rmb 1.2 billion (€ 140 million)
· Advised a U.S. based technology investment firm in the merger between two leading European radio stations and radio advertising companies.
· Advised in the acquisition by a Chinese State Owned Enterprise (SOE) specialized in the development, production and sales of high-tech medical device of a majority stake in a Dutch medical instruments company.
· Assisted the Royal Barenbrug Group (founded in 1904), a leading international grass seed producer with over € 200 million in annual turnover, in the strategic acquisition of the majority share in Barenbrug (Tianjin) International Co., Ltd. by Beijing Rytway Ecotechnology Co., Ltd.
· Assisted sino-maple to issue legal advice on its investment in one real estate project in Suzhou
Client Name List:
HZPC, Friesland Campania, GEA, SIC Processing GmbH, RedStar, Huawei, Shandong Shouguang, China Airline, China Southern Airline, Jiangsu Yueda, China Cargo Airlines, Shenzhen Mindray, Midea, Trinasolar, Hisense, Tianjin Tasly, Genertec, Xinhua News Agency, TMAX Digital Inc., Parker Hannifin, International Hospitals Group.